The Second Reincarnation of the Final Grandson of Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged is an insult generation program. It runs on Windows 95/98/2000/XP systems, though a very old version is available for Atari ST/TT/Falcon systems as well. The first version of the latest (second) reincarnation, 6.x, was released in November 1999. It is much improved over the previous version (5.x, July 1998, i.e. the first reincarnation). Click here to check out on which configurations it works.
The program is based on a character in Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy", a character who, after an incident involving a time traveling machine and a piece of elastic band, became so pissed off at the universe that he sought to insult every creature in it, in alphabetical order.
TSROTGOWTIP takes over Wowbagger's task, insulting the user with zest at configurable intervervals.
Some of the program's features:
1) It can create a lot of curses. The December 2nd 2004 version of the database has the following statistics:
2) You can tell it to curse in three different ratings: Universal (harmless fun), XXX (awfully offensive) and PGA (a combination of both);
3) It can curse in a variety of languages, such as...
(which, in case you couldn't tell, were English, French, Dutch, Swedish, Maltese and Finnish respectively :-)
4) You can make it play a WAV file whenever it pops up to insult;
5) You can use its functionality from whichever program you want, as long as it supports the Component Object Model (COM);
6) In case you have the Speech API installed, and you let insults be generated in English, it will pronounce the insult too!
Click here to read Chapter 1 of "Life, the Universe and Everything", the third part of the increasingly inaptly named "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" trilogy. This is the chapter in which Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged happened to Arthur Dent.
Back to the main menu